- 1A smooth, sweet substance made by boiling nuts in sugar and grinding the mixture, used especially as a filling for chocolates.More example sentences
- That tart hasn't happened yet, but some of the pralines were put to good use in this pink praline chocolate cake, which I baked for my sister's birthday party a few days ago.
- Desserts were more down to earth and we had some excellent apple and pear tarte tatin with spiced ice cream and dark chocolate and praline silk cake.
- When you hear people talk about crawfish étouffé, bourbon-cured salmon, red rice, sweet potato crème brûlée or praline bread pudding, the mind automatically goes to either the Low Country or New Orleans.
early 18th century: from French, named after Marshal de Plessis- Praslin (1598–1675), the French soldier whose cook invented it.
More definitions of pralineDefinition of praline in:
- The British & World English dictionary