- A string of beads used in prayer, especially a rosary.More example sentences
- Some Protestants are joining the other faithful who use prayer beads as a tool of devotion.
- Here, a glass globe filled with liquid hangs inside an elaborate pod- or womb-shaped structure composed of alternating strings of Buddhist prayer beads and wooden abacus balls suspended from a freestanding wooden support.
- Pulling the string of prayer beads from the chain at her waist, she brought it to her lips, sinking back to the floor in front of the statue.
More definitions of prayer beadsDefinition of prayer beads in:
- The British & World English dictionary