- A synthetic anthelmintic drug used in the treatment of schistosomiasis and other infestations of humans and animals with parasitic trematodes or cestodes.More example sentences
- The drug of choice for treatment is praziquantel, but other drugs, such as oxamniquine and metrifonate, are also effective.
- He was treated with praziquantel and prednisolone and made a complete recovery.
- Mebendazole, albendazole and some others like praziquantel are promising and effective antihelminthic drugs.
More definitions of praziquantelDefinition of praziquantel in:
- The British & World English dictionary