- (Of a cell or medical condition) likely to develop into cancer if untreated: precancerous skin lesionsMore example sentences
- It's a test that can detect the presence of infections, inflammation, precancerous cells or cancer.
- Regular dental checkups that include an examination of the entire mouth are important in the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal cancers and precancerous conditions.
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
More definitions of precancerousDefinition of precancerous in:
- The British & World English dictionary