- A highly attractive and valuable piece of mineral or rock, used especially in jewelry; a gemstone.More example sentences
- The range of geological subjects is wide: minerals, rocks, precious stones, and the means of working them.
- Traders in Livingstone have been urged to start dealing in gemstones to sell the precious stones to the many tourists who visit the tourist capital.
- Much of the jewellery is set with precious stones.
More definitions of precious stoneDefinition of precious stone in:
- The British & World English dictionary