The region or the thorax immediately in front of the heart.
- Sensations of tightness, pain, pressure, and heaviness in the precordium, throat, neck, and jaw have also been reported.
- In addition, women have smaller amplitudes of R, S, and T waves across the precordium.
- Example sentences
- He complained of lightheadedness, dull abdominal pain, and precordial discomfort without radiation or pleurisy.
- A 61-year-old white woman was brought to the emergency department complaining of precordial chest pain.
- All vital signs were within normal limits, and no precordial murmurs, friction rubs, or thrills were present.
Late 19th century: singular of Latin praecordia 'diaphragm, entrails'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of precordium in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.