- The region or the thorax immediately in front of the heart.More example sentences
- Sensations of tightness, pain, pressure, and heaviness in the precordium, throat, neck, and jaw have also been reported.
- In addition, women have smaller amplitudes of R, S, and T waves across the precordium.
- More example sentences
- He complained of lightheadedness, dull abdominal pain, and precordial discomfort without radiation or pleurisy.
- A 61-year-old white woman was brought to the emergency department complaining of precordial chest pain.
- All vital signs were within normal limits, and no precordial murmurs, friction rubs, or thrills were present.
late 19th century: singular of Latin praecordia 'diaphragm, entrails'.
More definitions of precordiumDefinition of precordium in:
- The British & World English dictionary