noun (plural preemies)North American • informal
- A baby born prematurely.More example sentences
- Another very common problem affecting preemies is immature lungs.
- They acknowledged the life-saving potential of medical devices to support preemies and other ill newborns through life-and-death situations.
- The infection destroys the intestine or a part of the bowel and kills a quarter of preemies born with it.
More definitions of preemieDefinition of preemie in:
- The British & World English dictionary