More desirable or suitable: lower interest rates were preferable to higher ones
More example sentences
- While it would be preferable if the Complainant did so, it is incorrect to imply that only he can do this.
- It was also viewed as preferable to a sacking which could prompt legal action.
- I am sure it would be preferable for the local schools and the community orchestra to work in harmony.
better, best, more desirable, more suitable, advantageous, superior, preferred, recommended
- More example sentences
- In ‘Poetry and Religion,’ Jarman argues that ‘Dickinson offers, with true American horse sense, the preferability of a deceptive hope, a fool's errand, to none at all, for it is that which gives illumination.’
- In some cases, environmental preferability could override cost concerns, giving the advantage to the greener product.
- A subsequent executive order proclaimed that buying recycled was possible and relatively painless, and dismissed as spurious complaints about the price, preferability and availability of recycled paper.