Definition of prefrontal in English:
1 Anatomy In or relating to the foremost part of the frontal lobe of the brain: the prefrontal cortex
More example sentences
- Six months later, the researchers found, the subjects who showed the most activity in the brain's right prefrontal cortex also had the lowest antibodies.
- The scientists found that an area of the brain called the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex, located near our temples, processes spatial information - information related to movements that we are about to make.
- The scans also showed decreased activation of the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex - the brain's ‘superego,’ which keeps people from acting impulsively.
nounZoology Back to top
A prefrontal bone.
- Viewed dorsally, this ridge is most of the prefrontals ' contribution to the skull roof.
- This is also true for the prefrontal of Phosphatosaurus, based on the reconstruction published by Buffetaut.
Definition of prefrontal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.