- 1 Psychoanalysis Relating to psychosexual development before the genital phase.More example sentences
- Gay quotes Schur's comment to Jones about Freud. ‘Altogether there are many evidences of complicated pregenital relationships with mother which perhaps he never analysed’.
- Such a shift upsets the view taken by analysts where the notion of linear development is the norm and other sexual identities are viewed as regression to, or a fixation at a pregenital level of functioning.
- Chasseguet-Smirgel discusses the idealization of pregenital sexuality as a hallmark of the perversions.
More definitions of pregenitalDefinition of pregenital in:
- The British & World English dictionary