- Of or at a stage before the development of language (by the human species) or the acquisition of speech (by a child).More example sentences
- The aim of this paper is to consider the importance of a prelinguistic stage in the idea of language Deleuze outlines in his cinema books.
- The interrelatedness of language and social understanding becomes more obvious when we look back at early forms of communication in infancy, sometimes referred to as prelinguistic, and clearly before we can properly talk about syntax.
- These results are important in that they show clear evidence of continuity from prelinguistic language skills to later language skills.
More definitions of prelinguisticDefinition of prelinguistic in:
- The British & World English dictionary