1.1A student in a premed program.
- Once a Harvard pre-med with a conceivably very secure future, an undergrad photography elective opened Fred's eyes to the world of fine arts; he switched academic gears, and now he's a very smart guy who takes pictures.
- Jonathan, a 19-year-old pre-med and theatre arts student from Dallas, has flown in especially for the audition.
- Another financial constraint is that many Xavier pre-meds are entering the service end of the profession.
2 short for premedication.
- A pre-med is a type of sedative that is used to relax you before the operation.
- An anaesthetist (a doctor who is a specialist in anaesthetics) may also visit you to give you a pre-med (ie pre-medication) injection.
- It was later admitted that nursing staff had missed the pre-med.
short for premedical.
- I was a science major as an undergrad, and took biology, chemistry, and physics in a pre-med curriculum.
- He was in pre-med school when he ‘discovered’ his body in dance class.
- She studied chemistry and took pre-med classes, undecided on whether to pursue medicine.
Words that rhyme with premedabed, ahead, bed, behead, Birkenhead, bled, bread, bred, coed, cred, crossbred, dead, dread, Ed, embed, Enzed, fed, fled, Fred, gainsaid, head, infrared, ked, lead, led, Med, misled, misread, Ned, outspread, pure-bred, read, red, redd, said, samoyed, shed, shred, sked, sled, sped, Spithead, spread, stead, ted, thread, tread, underbred, underfed, wed
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of premed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.