- Medication that is given in preparation for an operation or other treatment.More example sentences
- Topical local anesthetic creams were unavailable; therefore, premedication usually was administered intramuscularly.
- Many parents like to be with their children in the anaesthetic room, although evidence from a recent trial suggests that it makes little difference to a child who is already sedated with premedication.
- Dressing changes may be excruciating, requiring premedication or sedation.
More definitions of premedicationDefinition of premedication in:
- The British & World English dictionary