Definition of premix in English:
Pronunciation: /ˌprēˈmiks/[with object]
Mix in advance: I premix all my colors
More example sentences
- Instead of premixing everything onto one batch of tracks with no leeway, we've spread the effects out over several batches.
- Separate chemicals were premixed with an ethanol stock solution to a final concentration and were then added to the labeling dish.
- If more than one herbicide is to be mixed with water or liquid fertilizer, the herbicides should be premixed in liquid fertilizer or water and tested for compatibility by mixing appropriate proportions of all components.
Pronunciation: /ˈprēmiks/Back to top
1A mixture that is provided already mixed, in particular.
- Storage, processing, and the contact of vitamins with certain trace minerals may lower the activity of many vitamins in the premixes, and mixed complete feeds.
- The premix was added to the mixed diet so that 0.6% of the diet was premix and the diet contained 0.055% chromic oxide.
- Improved formulations, new isomers, new premixes, and even new application timing recommendations will provide you with more choices.
1.1A ready-mixed feed for cattle or horses.
- The company produces colorants, and vitamin and mineral premixes for animal nutrition, as well as liquid and powder pesticides.
- Every time you substitute a premix for a powdered drink, it will add about $2.30 per day to your basic nutrition bill (premixed drinks can cost about $4 each).
- The use of premixes, post-mixes from soda guns and synthetic flavorings is rife throughout the industry and, more oddly, accepted widely as a worthy sacrifice for prompt service.
1.2A preparation of the dry components of a building material such as concrete or plaster.
- Pozament XF Render is a premix of white Portland cement complying with BS 12, natural white aggregates, Cemfil alkali resistant glass fibre, polymer modifiers and workability agents.
Definition of premix in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.