Definition of preprandial in English:
adjectiveformal or humorous
1Done or taken before dinner or lunch: a preprandial glass of sherry
More example sentences
- This falls at lunchtime, when I allow myself a preprandial glass of wine and read a chapter of an unsuitable book.
- The preprandial pickles are splendid and so are the popadoms with them.
- The kitchen was invaded by preprandial politics; people thinking ten things but keeping silent.
1.1 Medicine Occurring or done before a meal.
- Involving 335 subjects with type 1 diabetes, the study reveals that most patients prefer inhaled insulin before meals to the usual preprandial shots.
- One preprandial blood sample was collected daily.
- Each day of the 10-day trial, preprandial blood samples were collected at 0845 h, prior to the first meal.
Definition of preprandial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.