Definition of prepubertal in English:
Another term for prepubescent.
- Here, we show that both the presence of obesity during the prepubertal period and an early onset of puberty are significant and independent risk factors for persistent asthma after puberty.
- We found that approximately 30% of children with infrequent wheezing but almost 60% of children with asthma in the prepubertal period keep experiencing wheezing episodes in the first 4 years after the onset of puberty.
- In this study, we found that a physician-confirmed diagnosis of sinusitis in the prepubertal period was a significant predictor of persistence of asthma after puberty.
- Example sentences
- Early school ages, prepuberty, puberty, male and female differences in voice and speech, and changes in later life are examined.
- A tradition no longer observed is the prepuberty ceremony for ten-year-old girls, which involved grinding corn for an entire day at the girl's paternal grandmother's house.
Definition of prepubertal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan