Relating to or in the period preceding puberty: a prepubescent girl
More example sentences
- The change is a steady one, a smoothly continuous development to the final prepubescent physique, rather than any passage through a series of separate stages.
- These responses are based on a sentimental view of nature, permissible in prepubescent girls, perhaps, but disturbing in anyone old enough to know better.
- This is a show aimed at prepubescent girls after all, we wouldn't want anything inappropriate.
A prepubescent boy or girl.
- The film showed prepubescents that bad things could happen to them, too.
- If you're a veteran actor who's nervous or excited about your chances to win an Oscar, the last thing you wanna see is a montage of prepubescents who have already scored the golden statuette!
- He's sold millions of books over the years, keeping prepubescents and spotty adolescents alike hooked on his dynamite prose, all while pretending to do real work.
- Example sentences
- Think of the last two and a half years as his prepubescence.
- During prepubescence, relations between brothers and sisters are free and easy.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of prepubescent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.