Definition of prerelease in English:
1Of, relating to, or denoting a record, movie, or other product that has not yet been generally released: a prerelease version of the software
More example sentences
- This argument has been echoed by admirers of a pre-release version of the film.
- The next pre-release version of the product will obtain signature updates from the Windows Update software distribution channels.
- At least, that's how I'm told the retail version looks; the pre-release screener I received is actually two separate discs, an arrangement I tend to prefer.
1.1Of or relating to the period before the release of a suspect or prisoner.
- Ms Walsh also explained that the prisoners housed in the pre-release cottages are generally in a transitional period, adjusting from the very regimented daily routine of prison life in the main section.
- She said the prison had no formal pre-release drugs strategy because it had a ‘complete and total’ drugs programme which ran throughout an offender's sentence.
- The first such experimental program, initiated in New York City in 1968, involving pre-release jail inmates, was described by Dole and colleagues.
nounBack to top
A movie, record, or other product given restricted availability before being generally released.
- I found it utterly bizarre that my old family home, where I had always been criticised as a teenager for spending too much time playing pop music, was now home to all the hottest, most upfront pre-releases.
- It was a copy he had gotten as a pre-release from the record company, and while the song played he assured me that it would be a number one within a couple of months.
- The new Safari Web browser is also an excellent product, especially for a pre-release.
Definition of prerelease in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan