- A supporter or advocate of the preservation of something, especially of historic buildings and artifacts.More example sentences
- Into this gloomy atmosphere came a national drive by preservationists and conservationists to create national parks and forests in the eastern United States.
- Unlike the preservationists, we believe that it is our job to manage the animal kingdom with the natural predators that God has provided to keep populations in balance.
- Historic preservationists want to save old buildings.
More definitions of preservationistDefinition of preservationist in:
- The British & World English dictionary