Definition of press fit in English:
An interference fit between two parts in which one is forced under pressure into a slightly smaller hole in the other.
- And it doesn't take much expansion to turn the press fit into a self-decapping pocket.
- The clone had enough metal at the front to allow the original press fit bushing to be used, but the Browning did not.
- The press fit of the adapters into the frame is primarily responsible for retaining the adapters while the three bolts provide additional backup retention.
- Example sentences
- My boats had the standard coupling - a rather small fitting which is press-fitted onto the shaft and held in place with a small screw that goes through the coupling into a little dimple in the shaft.
- The allograft was passed in an antegrade fashion with the patellar bone plug press-fitted into the femoral tunnel.
- The lens is inserted and fixed in the first hole, and a ferrule in which the optical fiber is embedded is press-fitted with the second hole.
Definition of press fit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan