noun (plural pressmen)
- 1chiefly British A journalist.More example sentences
- In 1872, a pressman for The Providence Journal turned an old express wagon into an eatery, thus creating the first diner.
- In November 2000 the Newspaper Guild and pressmen settled.
- Lee et al. described pulmonary and upper respiratory tract symptoms among newspaper pressmen exposed to solvents.
- 2A person who operates a printing press.More example sentences
- For decades the small but powerful unions of printers and pressmen had won rich contract settlements as well as expensive press manning clauses and lifetime job guarantees for the compositors displaced by computerized typesetting.
- On that May afternoon, after the pressmen and typesetters had gone home for the day, 12 men filed through his doors.
- He is listed as a pressman at Brown and Bigelow, a printing factory, with a wife named Evelyn.
More definitions of pressmanDefinition of pressman in:
- The British & World English dictionary