- 1Produce or maintain raised pressure artificially in (a gas or its container): the mixture was pressurized to 1,900 atmospheres (as adjective pressurized) a pressurized canMore example sentences
- Methanol fuel cells can work off small, nonpressurized cartridges of the liquid while hydrogen-fuelled PEFCs require pressurized hydrogen gas.
- And of course, pressurizing the gas requires the input of more energy.
- We use the largest expanding foam kit available: two five gallon pressurized containers.
- 1.1Maintain a tolerable atmospheric pressure in (an aircraft cabin) at a high altitude: (as adjective pressurized) a pressurized cabinMore example sentences
- Both the Fokker F27 and the Fokker 50 aircraft have pressurised cabins allowing them to fly above weather conditions and providing a smoother flight.
- Stay off planes for at least 13 hours after diving: Even pressurized cabins in commercial aircraft can bring on decompression sickness, i.e., the dreaded bends.
- If the cabin is pressurized, do not descend at a rate exceeding the value calculated by the flight engineer, and either adjust automatic pilot for descent or turn it OFF.
- 2Attempt to persuade or coerce (someone) into doing something: the protests were an attempt to pressurize the government into bringing an end to the violence [with object and infinitive]: people had been pressurized to voteMore example sentences
- It is vital that the clergy's attempts to pressurise politicians are rebuffed.
- This gives the family enough time to pressurize the girl and influence the nature of the statement she gives.
- Patients, their families and relatives will also be asked to pressurise local politicians to force the Government to halt the cutbacks.
- More example sentences
- And if the light came on, it wouldn't want to go to a higher altitude because if that door was open, you would not get the pressurization.
- We flew 10,000 ft - no pressurisation and frequently through weather - not above it.
- There are 37 passenger lifts, some of which cost more than US $2 million and have aerodynamic bodies, pressurisation and emergency braking systems.