Definition of priapic in English:
1Of, relating to, or resembling a phallus: priapic carvings
More example sentences
- Bringing the subtext of the antique painting and its copies to the fore, the artist has depicted women coming to a priapic fountain to buy winged, straining phalli from an old procuress.
- My late grandparents lived in Cerne Abbas, a picture-postcard-perfect village which nestles under Giant's Hill, home of that famously priapic ancient chalk carving, the Cerne Giant.
- ‘I can't look at this painting without blushing,’ she says, showing me a colour photocopy of one of Kahlo's lush phallic portrayals of a priapic vegetable.
1.2 Medicine (Of a male) having a persistently erect penis.
- A Priapic episode is both a painful and embarrassing condition, made all the worse by current social stigmas against its sufferers.
- A priapic erection lasting for longer than 3 or 4 hours can do lasting damage to spongy tissues of penis, making further erection impossible, so appropriate action is to consult your doctor if there is no improvement in 2 hours.
Words that rhyme with priapicaspic • epic
Definition of priapic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.