(also price fixing)
- The maintaining of prices at a certain level by agreement between competing sellers.More example sentences
- Restrictive practices such as price-fixing agreements between competitors were often permitted providing they were not shown to be against the public interest.
- A company spokesman says the quotes were taken out of context and the business is so competitive that price-fixing makes no sense.
- The most serious forms of cartel identified by the authority were price-fixing, bid rigging and market sharing by competitors.
More definitions of price-fixingDefinition of price-fixing in:
- The British & World English dictionary