A company that must accept the prevailing prices in the market of its products, its own transactions being unable to affect the market price.
- The other thing that strikes me about people on low or middle incomes, particularly those with children, is that they are essentially price-takers of important commodities like electricity, petrol, and diesel.
- ‘Farmers and ranchers need to stop being price-takers,’ says Montoya, referring to the food commodity system.
- We will be more price-takers than price-makers.
price-taking noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- While trade in a bazaar may require personal communication and bargaining for establishing personal trust, modern anonymous market economies with price-taking markets work much more efficiently, but they rely on anonymous trust.
- First, empirical tests can be conducted to determine if agents in the economy exhibit price taking behavior.
- t is known that price taking behavior, or perfect competition, is not ensured if the number of agents in the economy is finite.
Definition of price-taker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.