Definition of pricey in English:
adjective (pricier, priciest)informal
Expensive: boutiques selling pricey clothes
More example sentences
- People are revered if they are dressed in expensive clothes and have pricy items in their homes.
- Some homeowners have even traded down from more expensive abodes to less pricey dwellings.
- We had been told the pub was expensive - but it wasn't unduly pricey.
- Example sentences
- But Walford, at least, could defend its priciness with a reasonable excuse - its 1.8 acres of garden had enough room to add five new addresses, potentially, to Shrewsbury Road.
- The only drawback is the priciness of the hotel restaurant.
- The restaurant is home to couples who retreat to the eatery and discuss the priciness of day care, or Michigan Avenue executives who want a different feel from their stuffy business meetings.
Words that rhyme with priceydicey, icy, spicy, vice
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.