- An itchy inflammation of the skin, typically with a rash of small vesicles, common in hot moist weather. Also called miliaria.More example sentences
- The juice of the nettle is good, she says, for a variety of ailments - arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, allergic rashes and prickly heat.
- Clumps of itchy or prickly tiny red bumps on the skin that appear with hot humid weather in tropical countries is called miliaria or prickly heat in layman's terms.
- Irritated summer skin is usually caused by clogged sweat ducts, a condition called prickly heat or miliaria, or by exposure to poison ivy, oak or sumac.
More definitions of prickly heatDefinition of prickly heat in:
- The British & World English dictionary