nounoften • derogatory
- The knowledge and work of a priest.More example sentences
- His statements clearly show his belief that God had commanded him to preach an entirely new religion, the central idea of which was the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God, shorn of all ritualism and priestcraft.
- And if the sense of self-alienation arises out of fraud and priestcraft, or if it amounts to no more than neurosis, then certainly to be done with it would be a grand liberation.
- Just as Rorty cannot ultimately dispense with either canon or priestcraft, so he cannot quite bring himself to do away with churches either.
More definitions of priestcraftDefinition of priestcraft in:
- The British & World English dictionary