- A female priest of a non-Christian religion.More example sentences
- For most indigenous religions, priests and priestesses are common.
- They were believed to communicate with priests and priestesses at shrines called oracles.
- The decree requires that the priests and priestesses of Kolophon visit the altars in the old agora to acknowledge the ties between the old site and the current site of the city.
More definitions of priestessDefinition of priestess in:
- The British & World English dictionary