Definition of primavera in English:
The hard, light-colored timber of a Central American tree.
- The tree is Cybistax donnellsmithii, family Bignoniaceae
- Primavera is a large rainforest canopy tree, sometimes reaching to 100 feet in the natural rainforest, with a straight clear bole up to 3 or 4 feet in diameter.
- Deep in the rain forests of Central America, lumberjacks hew the primavera tree in the dark of a moonless night.
- The primavera's sap rises and falls, not with the seasons, but with the phases of moon.
adjective[postpositive] Back to top
(Of a pasta dish) made with lightly sautéed spring vegetables: linguine primavera
More example sentences
- And I cannot see the point of using green peas in a risotto unless they are fresh, for example in a seasonal Italian primavera treatment.
- One of my friends volunteered to make fettuccine primavera.
- A main course of cannelloni in rosé sauce with risotto primavera was curiously served together in a bowl rather than on a plate.