Definition of primula in English:
A plant of a genus that includes primroses, cowslips, and cyclamens. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals, bearing flowers in a wide variety of colors in the spring.
- Genus Primula, family Primulaceae
- Their favourite was the rose, followed by hellebores, peonies, clematis, magnolias, lilies, euphorbias, primulas, snowdrops, geraniums.
- You can use a combination of plants: primulas, cyclamen, heathers and ivy are all useful for winter colour.
- Following our pale primrose are the Wanda primulas, very attractive plants with very dark, often evergreen, crinkled leaves and rich flowers in shades of purple, pink and red as well as white and yellow.
Definition of primula in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan