- A first among equals; the senior or representative member of a group.More example sentences
- The secretary of defense thus emerged as a true executive, not the primus inter pares he had been under the original law.
- He said: ‘Kings and queens have always been seen more as primus inter pares.’
- As primus inter pares, Gordon just couldn't run roughshod over stars the same way he does with amateurs.
More definitions of primus inter paresDefinition of primus inter pares in:
- The British & World English dictionary