Definition of princeling in English:
1The ruler of a small principality or domain.
- He meets, in Kumasi, in Abomey, and in Ouidah, descendants of the royal families and merchant princelings who facilitated the transatlantic shipping of his own ancestors to the sugarcane fields and cotton plantations of the Americas.
- Once the proud residences of merchant princes and princelings, they have fallen sadly from grace.
- A tiny percentage of their former subordinates and many children of the top leaders - the princelings - have been chosen as candidates.
1.1A young prince.
- It's a rare fantasy story that has the young princeling realizing that his father was in fact a cruel and bad ruler, and vowing to change his ways, unite the kingdom and bring peace; really growing up, and becoming his own man.
- In his portrait of Leonello, Pisanello places the young princeling in profile before a rosebush, the spines of its leaves as if beaten from gold.
- The princelings, beginning from a young age, have enjoyed various kinds of privileges, from attending the top universities to choosing the best occupations.
Definition of princeling in:
- British & World English dictionary