Definition of princeling in English:
1The ruler of a small principality or domain.
- He meets, in Kumasi, in Abomey, and in Ouidah, descendants of the royal families and merchant princelings who facilitated the transatlantic shipping of his own ancestors to the sugarcane fields and cotton plantations of the Americas.
- Once the proud residences of merchant princes and princelings, they have fallen sadly from grace.
- A tiny percentage of their former subordinates and many children of the top leaders - the princelings - have been chosen as candidates.
1.1A young prince.
- It's a rare fantasy story that has the young princeling realizing that his father was in fact a cruel and bad ruler, and vowing to change his ways, unite the kingdom and bring peace; really growing up, and becoming his own man.
- In his portrait of Leonello, Pisanello places the young princeling in profile before a rosebush, the spines of its leaves as if beaten from gold.
- The princelings, beginning from a young age, have enjoyed various kinds of privileges, from attending the top universities to choosing the best occupations.
Words that rhyme with princelingwitling
Definition of princeling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan