(also print head)
- A component in a printer that assembles and holds the characters and from which the images of the characters are transferred to the printing medium.More example sentences
- It is also possible that the same machine could be both a left hand and right hand machine subject to simple reversal of a printhead ‘module’ (unless a bi-directional printhead is available).
- Since each inkjet cartridge would have its own printhead, replacement cartridges would be more expensive for these printers.
- Furthermore, a doughnut-shaped bubble is formed to eject ink in the printhead, thereby preventing a back flow of ink as well as formation of satellite droplets that may degrade image resolution.
More definitions of printheadDefinition of printhead in:
- The British & World English dictionary