1A secretary who deals with the personal and confidential concerns of a business person or public figure.
- And that unfortunately continues during her death as well with her own private secretary going public with his memoirs.
- The matter was dealt with by my private secretary.
- He carried out far more duties for his uncle than medical ones becoming essentially his private secretary and personal advisor.
2A civil servant acting as an aide to a senior government official.
- Why was there no interrogation of her senior private secretary?
- Third, the normal flow of official business, mediated through his official private secretaries and the Cabinet Office.
- When she returned to South Africa in 1902 she was appointed private secretary to the acting Director of Education.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: pri·vate sec·re·tar·y
Definition of private secretary in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.