- A branch of the law that deals with the relations between individuals or institutions, rather than relations between these and the government.More example sentences
- Rescues were co-operative affairs, and although they were underpinned by law, this was the ordinary private law, not public law.
- That is absurd, so there needs to be something to call in aid to make reasonable in any sense, be it public law or private law, giving advertent thought to the need to exercise that power.
- The Scottish system, the system that operates in the UK, operates exactly in that way, in the sense that it is an integrated public law and private law system.
More definitions of private lawDefinition of private law in:
- The British & World English dictionary