Definition of private school in English:
1North American A school supported by a private organization or private individuals rather than by the government.
- She said that only the kids who cared about money and status attended private schools in their high school years.
- Are public school teachers any more effective than those in private schools?
- Moreover, as mentioned above, the quality of teachers in private schools has also declined.
2British A school supported wholly by the payment of fees.
- Independent private school kids take expensive crammer lessons to help pass these stringent snobby entrance exam tests.
- At the moment private schools are financially independent of government.
- The federal government is still defending its payments to wealthy private schools.
Definition of private school in:
- British & World English dictionary