- 1A secretary who deals with the personal and confidential concerns of a business person or public figure.More example sentences
- And that unfortunately continues during her death as well with her own private secretary going public with his memoirs.
- The matter was dealt with by my private secretary.
- He carried out far more duties for his uncle than medical ones becoming essentially his private secretary and personal advisor.
- 2A civil servant acting as an aide to a senior government official.More example sentences
- Why was there no interrogation of her senior private secretary?
- Third, the normal flow of official business, mediated through his official private secretaries and the Cabinet Office.
- When she returned to South Africa in 1902 she was appointed private secretary to the acting Director of Education.
More definitions of private secretaryDefinition of private secretary in:
- The British & World English dictionary