Definition of private secretary in English:
1A secretary who deals with the personal and confidential concerns of a business person or public figure.
- And that unfortunately continues during her death as well with her own private secretary going public with his memoirs.
- The matter was dealt with by my private secretary.
- He carried out far more duties for his uncle than medical ones becoming essentially his private secretary and personal advisor.
2A civil servant acting as an aide to a senior government official.
- Why was there no interrogation of her senior private secretary?
- Third, the normal flow of official business, mediated through his official private secretaries and the Cabinet Office.
- When she returned to South Africa in 1902 she was appointed private secretary to the acting Director of Education.
Definition of private secretary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia