adverb & adjective
- 1.1 (usually pro bono) chiefly North American Denoting work undertaken for the public good without charge, especially legal work for a client with a low income: [as adverb]: the attorneys are representing him pro bono [as adjective]: pro bono legal servicesMore example sentences
- A legal firm offers on-site pro bono legal services for noncriminal matters to our patients.
- But immigrants have very few places to go for pro bono legal advice.
- What we've been focusing on is providing tools for the legal profession to do pro bono work more easily.
More definitions of pro bono publicoDefinition of pro bono publico in:
- The British & World English dictionary