Definition of pro-choice in English:
Advocating legalized abortion: a pro-choice demonstration Compare with pro-life.
More example sentences
- It has become something of a given, not least among many who are pro-choice, that later abortions are mostly the result of a lack of access to early abortion.
- Both sides of the abortion issue are really pro-choice, the dispute is over when the choice has been made.
- She was planning to discuss health care, not her pro-choice stance on abortion, aides said.
- Example sentences
- ‘For years, we have been in opposition to these protesters,’ Audrey says, noting that she and other pro-choicers often turned up to counter-demonstrate, which has sometimes led to police intervention.
- But pro-choicers have a built-in constituency too: the millions and millions of women who have had abortions.
- The language is not particularly inflammatory, but the substance of the decision is one that pro-lifers will like and pro-choicers will fear a great deal.
Words that rhyme with pro-choicebourgeois, Boyce, choice, Joyce, rejoice, Royce, voice
Definition of pro-choice in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.