Definition of pro-choice in English:
Advocating legalized abortion: a pro-choice demonstration Compare with pro-life.
More example sentences
- It has become something of a given, not least among many who are pro-choice, that later abortions are mostly the result of a lack of access to early abortion.
- Both sides of the abortion issue are really pro-choice, the dispute is over when the choice has been made.
- She was planning to discuss health care, not her pro-choice stance on abortion, aides said.
- Example sentences
- ‘For years, we have been in opposition to these protesters,’ Audrey says, noting that she and other pro-choicers often turned up to counter-demonstrate, which has sometimes led to police intervention.
- But pro-choicers have a built-in constituency too: the millions and millions of women who have had abortions.
- The language is not particularly inflammatory, but the substance of the decision is one that pro-lifers will like and pro-choicers will fear a great deal.
Definition of pro-choice in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan