Definition of probabilistic in English:
Based on or adapted to a theory of probability; subject to or involving chance variation: the main approaches are either rule-based or probabilistic
More example sentences
- Around this time Menger's interests in mathematics broadened and he began to work on hyperbolic geometry, probabilistic geometry and the algebra of functions.
- This is an attractively written systematic exposition of the basic probabilistic methods of congestion theory.
- The time to resume operations is a key datum in probabilistic risk assessment.
- Example sentences
- It gave rise to a form of probabilism, as a positively endorsed theory of knowledge, which is one of the New Academy's legacies.
- While probabilism in empirical matters was defended as reasonable by skeptics, such an attitude was considered unreasonable with regard to metaphysics.
- He is most consistent, sure-footed and passionate in his celebration of prudence, practical reasoning, and good old-fashioned English probabilism and empiricism.
Definition of probabilistic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan