Definition of probabilistic in English:
Based on or adapted to a theory of probability; subject to or involving chance variation: the main approaches are either rule-based or probabilistic
More example sentences
- Around this time Menger's interests in mathematics broadened and he began to work on hyperbolic geometry, probabilistic geometry and the algebra of functions.
- This is an attractively written systematic exposition of the basic probabilistic methods of congestion theory.
- The time to resume operations is a key datum in probabilistic risk assessment.
- Example sentences
- It gave rise to a form of probabilism, as a positively endorsed theory of knowledge, which is one of the New Academy's legacies.
- While probabilism in empirical matters was defended as reasonable by skeptics, such an attitude was considered unreasonable with regard to metaphysics.
- He is most consistent, sure-footed and passionate in his celebration of prudence, practical reasoning, and good old-fashioned English probabilism and empiricism.
Definition of probabilistic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.