Definition of process engineering in English:
The branch of engineering that is concerned with industrial processes, especially continuous ones such as the production of petrochemicals.
- The smaller design and engineering company will handle process engineering, prototyping, testing, and production for Volvo's next-generation convertible.
- Nelson wants a career in process engineering and is pursuing a diploma in chemical engineering technology.
- Investing in improved systems and processes - everything from product and process engineering to changes on the plant floor - also will help improve the quality of an operation and the vehicles it produces.
process engineer noun
- Example sentences
- She came to Suncor in 1996 and worked as a senior process engineer in oilsands extraction, a senior project manager at Steepbank Mine, assistant superintendent of primary extraction, and director of projects for extraction.
- He has worked at BNT since 1985 as an analyst, deputy director and director of the Technology Directorate, and a process engineer in News and Current Affairs Programmes.
- While earning his chemical - engineering degree from the University of Delaware, Smith worked for a year as a process engineer and hated it.
Definition of process engineering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan