- A biologically inactive compound that can be metabolized in the body to produce a drug.More example sentences
- This involves gene transfer of an enzyme into tumour cells, which converts an inactive prodrug into a toxic metabolite, leading to cell death.
- The influence of branching on the enzymatic stability of the compounds was investigated, as it is known that sterically hindered ester prodrugs are more stable toward enzymatic hydrolysis.
- Bouncing powerful X-rays off the protein crystals yielded a three-dimensional image of the dual protein structure, showing them exactly how the prodrug and the enzyme interact.
More definitions of prodrugDefinition of prodrug in:
- The British & World English dictionary