- A spectacular musical item, typically including song and dance and involving all or most of the cast, in a theatrical show or motion picture.More example sentences
- In general, each number gets staging similar to a production number in a musical, complete with all of the extravagances of spectacle except Technicolor.
- The dance production number takes all the worst qualities of the show and bloats them - the vapidity, the overlongness, the gaudy tackiness.
- Neither the song nor the production number have much to offer, unless you're dying to see Mitzi Gaynor get tattooed.
More definitions of production numberDefinition of production number in:
- The British & World English dictionary