- The amount by which revenue from sales exceeds costs in a business.More example sentences
- Go to the income statement again to find the gross profit margin, which is revenue less cost of revenue.
- That's because falling unit costs increase the profit margin on each good or service sold.
- Sales of gifts and entertainment services generally have a higher profit margin than sales of airline tickets.
More definitions of profit marginDefinition of profit margin in:
- The British & World English dictionary