Definition of profitable in English:
1(Of a business or activity) yielding profit or financial gain.
- Merchants and financiers soon realized that investing in science could be a profitable business.
- Farming is still profitable in spite of a sharp increase in the prices of agricultural inputs.
- We follow him as he tries to turn this dream into reality, and turn the farm into a profitable business.
2Beneficial; useful: he’d had a profitable day
More example sentences
- Noor said that she was merely taking advantage of a potentially profitable situation.
- Cultural solutions are more valuable and profitable than technological solutions.
- This paper prompted useful discussion, though the main discussion session was less profitable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.