- 1.1(Of a jaw or chin) projecting.More example sentences
- Although the head is worn, a detail shows that the lower part of the face extends down to the trachea at the base of the neck; this roughened area, too massive to be simply a prognathous jaw, must instead represent a full beard.
- Exceedingly tall and gaunt with a long, prognathous jaw, he never took his eyes from me as he went over to an accordion wilted across a stool.
- Enlarged as though in a magnifying mirror, the abundant follicles sprout gut-string stubble as a gentle sleeping smile winks above the prognathous jaw.
More definitions of prognathousDefinition of prognathous in:
- The British & World English dictionary