Definition of programming in English:
1The action or process of writing computer programs.
- The precision necessary when writing programming languages is palpable not only for the author of technology but also for the user of technology.
- Her unassuming husband, Ben, just wanted another computer programming gig in Silicon Valley's depressed job market.
- When I first became a part of the computer programming industry some 25 years ago, a lot of the code was pretty buggy.
2.1Radio or television programs that are scheduled or broadcast: the station is to expand its late-night programming
More example sentences
- Unlike commercial television, which broadcasts free programming, satellite television is not without cost.
- For example, regulators have historically placed considerable restrictions on simulcasting - broadcasting programming over more than one station at the same time.
- It also will help enhance public awareness of NASA by developing documentaries and educational programming for television broadcast.
Definition of programming in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan