- A person seated out of sight of the audience who supplies a forgotten word or line to an actor during the performance of a play.More example sentences
- This is a live recording, and the prompter, audience, and stage movement all make their presence known.
- At the last minute, we decided to seat the language coach backstage as a prompter.
- There are four full-time and two part-time prompters at the Met.
More definitions of prompterDefinition of prompter in:
- The British & World English dictionary