- A word that can function by itself as a noun phrase and that refers either to the participants in the discourse (e.g., I, you) or to someone or something mentioned elsewhere in the discourse (e.g., she, it, this).More example sentences
- In English, conjunctions, determiners, interjections, particles, and pronouns are grammatical words.
- Such words include pronouns, auxiliary verbs, conjunctions, and prepositions.
- Once the family has been explicitly mentioned, Lanchester can refer to them with pronouns, in particular the pronoun them.
More definitions of pronounDefinition of pronoun in:
- The British & World English dictionary